Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Updates & Bracelets

The floors are not done yet, and are going a little slower than planned.  I am praying that they will get done today.  I mean, they have to - the beds are being delivered between 7 and 11 AM tomorrow morning! Ah!!!

On to the bracelets... I saw these bracelets on Pinterest a while back.  They are made from Ribbon and the tabs from soda cans!  I thought to myself, I can do these and Katy and I will love them.  The first thing I did was to get my co-worker friends to help me collect the tabs!  I have such great co-workers.  Kristy, who I call KC, is my cube-mate, and Beverly, who is my manager, were very enthusiastic to help!

I collected enough tabs to do 3 bracelets(which is about 45 tabs - 15 or so for each bracelet).  I went to my pin, and it took me to a girl's blog that had made them.  Unfortunately, she did not give instructions, but she did reference a you-tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeGfHEZXKgI&feature=related) that the instructions were on!  I was like, "Yay! Instructions!"  The only problem, once I clicked on them, was that instructions were in Spanish!  Now, don't get me wrong, I took high school Spanish, and did quite well, I even did Academic Testing Competition for SCACS in Spanish and was 4th in the state!  But that was 18 years ago, and though some Spanish does come back to me, like when I went to Mexico and Nicaragua, this did not!

So, I observed the video!  I did learn you needed to coat the tabs with something.  On the video, she used clear nail polish, but I just sprayed them down with my acrylic clear spray!

Now, the bracelets are super easy to make, once you get the hang of how to weave the ribbon!  I've made two so far using grosgrain ribbon that are multi-colored!  I am going to do some more before football season starts, in solid satin ribbon in our team's colors!  I am going to make them for Katy and our coaches daughter.  Heck, I will make myself one as well!  They really are super adorable!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment