Monday, January 28, 2013

Goals!

So this time, I will talk about my goals!

1. Travel to 1 new place
2. Read 52 New books this year!
3. Blog each week
4. Watch Downton Abbey
5. Eight different projects at my house
6. Work on my lists

#1, I am skipping right now, since that one is in the planning process!

#2 has been a fun one.  I make no apologies for my love of reading.  I also love to re-read books, especially ones that I love.  The hardest part of this goal for me is finding new books to read.  This is week 4 of the new year, and so far I have read 7 books.  4 have been fiction, and lesbehonest--two of them were a little much!  They were by authors I had read before, but I didn't know that either one of those books were that way.  I have read 3 non-fiction, which I enjoyed much more! No Easy Day and The Lone Survivor were both stories of Navy Seals.  No Easy Day was from one of the guys who was in the raid that killed Bin Laden. The Lone Survivor was about a Navy Seal who was involved in a deadly attack in Afghanistan, where all his team was killed but him, and the rescue team was killed as well.  Both were excellent books!  I love our Armed Forces, and appreciate everything they do to keep our country safe.  The training they go through, the dangerous missions, all of this to protect our freedom.  The other non-fiction book I read was Manhunt, and was about the journey to catch Bin Laden from the CIA/espionage view.  I went and saw Zero Dark Thirty, and wanted to read more about this.  I love anything about the CIA!  Those people are brilliant, and I cannot think of anything more exciting to be than to work for them.

#3, I am doing right now!  So, yay, Me!

#4, I have not started! I really just need to sign up for Netflix!

#5, Eight of these projects around my house, are 25% done. They mostly involve just finishing decorating, like hanging curtains or pictures.  The only major one is to finish our bathroom, but that involves money and time.  But I WILL do this! :)

#6, Ah, my lists!  I love lists!  I was talking to my friend, Rachel, at work one day.  She said after her grandfather died, they found a bunch of journals, that he had written in.  He had a bunch of lists of trips he had taken, where and when.  So, I really want to keep lists of my important dates, all the places I have visited personally, as a family, and couple.  Or keep a list of the states, countries and continents I have been to.  This should be a fun project, and it will be fun to re-live all these events in my mind! 


A quick story -- I told one of my other friends at work about my plan for this year and my journal.  A couple days later, she told me I had inspired her to do the same thing! It made me happy that I helped influence someone else to improve their life or to plan.  I think it is in our human D.N.A. to want to help, to inspire and to be inspired.  I know this whole little process, has helped me get through the post-Holiday slump.  I absolutely hate this time of year, when Christmas is over, and football is over!  I have to have something to look forward to and to plan ahead for the future.  This has helped me so much!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment