Thursday, January 24, 2013

A New Year Part 2

I'm doing good, another blog post in less than 24 hours!

So, how am I going for it? Well, there is a possibility that I may do the Disney Princess Half Marathon with some girls from work. I have not ran, ever, much less run a half marathon. When I first heard about it, I said there is no way. Then I thought, why not try! I have a whole year! Go for it! I am trying everything to motivate myself. I bought new running shoes, some workout clothes, a good sports bra. I downloaded two apps to help. One is Run Keeper, and the other is Charity Miles. The Charity Miles app tracks your run, then a corporate sponsor, gives a donation for each mile you run. I am running for Wounded Warrior project. I have been reading books about Navy Seals, and want to help the veterans.

I decided to "Be Bold", and I was invited at work to be part of the group to evaluate our core values and their implantation. I am the quietest in the group, but I have been able to speak up during our meetings. I feel like it has been an excellent opportunity for me to be more involved. But it wasn't until I said to myself, I wanted to do more bold that I received the request.

I am still working on the cheerleader thing. I had a meeting the other day, that do not go as well as I would have liked, but I did encourage myself and my boss, of the positive things we could take from it. It was still a big step for me!

I also have one more BIG thing to do this year! But it is still in the secret stage. I hope it happens!

Ok, besides my mission statement, I wrote down some other goals:
1. Travel to 1 new place
2. Read 52 New books this year!
3. Blog each week
4. Watch Downton Abbey
5. Eight different projects at my house
6. Work on my lists

My next blog will be about the goals!

Next time, I will let you know about

No comments:

Post a Comment