Thursday, January 24, 2013

A New Year

It's a New Year!!! Well, actually, 24 days into a New Year. 

A friend from work gave me a Moleskine Journal.  As this New Year started, I decided I wanted to keep a journal with my goals, mission statement, and various lists.  I have the Note App on my I-Phone, but there is just something about writing something.  It also is good to look back at the journal frequently as a reminder. 

First of all, the Moleskine journal was inspiring in itself.  They were made originally in Paris, and used by authors and artists, such as Van Gogh, Picasso, and Hemingway! 

The first thing I decided to for this upcoming year is to live my life by 3 statements.  I know they sound corny, but I want to have some focus in my life and change certain aspects.  I realize I have been living my life at not my fullest potential.  I can do more than I am doing.  These statements are my inspiration and my catalyst to being happier:

1. Go For It
2. Be Bold
3. Be a Cheerleader

The "Go For It" comes from my lack of ability to take risks and the way I over- analyze each decision. I can talk myself out of trying new things or opportunities, either because I am afraid of failure or insufficient motivation. I feel like I am missing out on so much of what I could be, because of my fear and effort.

The "Be Bold" is because I stay quiet too many times.  I am an introvert, and I definitely have opinions.  I love to share them on social media, but I rarely verbally speak up. I do think about a lot of things, but I hate to share my opinion because of ridicule or being shot down.  I want to express myself if I feel hurt or taken advantage of, as well.  I could go into greater detail of why I keep things to myself, but with talking with Tim, I realize that this is a deep issue I have to face.

The third item is "Be a Cheerleader"  I need to be more encouraging to those closest around me.  I am a melancholy person, and I'm analytical.  It doesn't take much effort to shoot down plans or ideas, we can all do that.  The true strength comes from finding a way to help others achieve their goals, and encourage them on their path.  I don't want to be so cyncial, that when I hear something Tim wants to do or my kids, that I roll my eyes, and say "We'll See..." I want to be able to see the strengths of their dreams and say, you can do it!

Ok, this is enough for now.  I will share next time the opportunities that have came up, since I decided to have a mission statement for my life.

P.S. I also want to do my blog more this year!  So, be ready for that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment